St. John’s University is a private Roman Catholic institution of higher education located in Queens, New York City. It was founded in 1870 by the Missionary Society (CM, Godfather Vincent) with the mission of providing quality higher education to a growing immigrant population. The flagship campus, originally located in the Brooklyn borough of New York City, moved to its current site in Queens in the 1950s. St. John’s has additional New York City campuses in Staten Island and Manhattan, as well as the Long Island Graduate Center in New York. In addition, the university has international campuses in Rome, Italy; Paris, France; and Limerick, Ireland. The university is sponsored by St John the Baptist.
Purchase St. John’s University transcripts online in US
Buy transcripts, buy St. John’s University transcripts, buy St. John’s University diploma. St. John’s Vincent values stem from the ideals and writings of St. Vincent de Paul (1581-1660), the patron saint of Christian charity. Following the Vincent tradition, the university seeks to provide an education that encourages greater involvement in social justice, charity, and service. The Vincent Center for Church and Society, located on the university’s Queens campus, is “a clearinghouse and developer of Vincent information, poverty research, social justice resources, and a center for academic/cultural planning.”
St. John’s began to establish other graduate and undergraduate schools and became a university in 1933. In April 1936, St. John purchased the 100 acres (40 ha) of Hillcrest Golf Club for approximately $500,000 with the intention of eventually moving the school to the new site. Under the terms of the sale, the golf club continues to operate on the site for several years. On February 11, 1954, St. John’s officially broke ground on its new campus in Hillcrest, Queens, on the site of the former Hillcrest Golf Club. At the official groundbreaking ceremony, the same shovel was used that broke ground on the original campus in 1868. The following year, the university’s original school, St John’s College, moved from Bedford-Stevenson to its new campus. The high school, now St. John’s Prep, took over the former building and later moved to its current site in the Hillcrest-Jamaica section of Queens.